The videos of the International Colloquy “Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles”, are now available to a Global Audience.
We are pleased to announce that thanks to the sponsorship by Mr Peter Magiros and Frutex Australia the proceedings of the International Colloquy, held in London 19-20 June 2012, are available for a global audience via the YouTube channel of IOC-A-RPM:
This colloquy echoed the efforts around the globe to educate and connect people and resources. By forging an open dialogue and coalitions among supporters, we hope to further increase the level of awareness and support around the world.
Keynote speaker was the world-renowned human rights advocate and author, George Bizos SC (South Africa), a member of the British Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles (BCRPM) and lawyer to Nelson Mandela. Mr Bizos spoke on issues relating to litigation.
The Chairmen of the three co-organising committees Eddie O’Hara (UK), Michael J. Reppas II, Esq (USA) and Emanuel J. Comino AM (AUS) provided campaign updates from their region.
Amongst the key speakers were:
- Andrew Dismore (UK), London Assembly Member, Former MP for Hendon, Chair, Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights;
- Dr. Elena Korka (GRE), Archaeologist;
- Kostas Tsarouchas (GRE), Journalist – Publisher;
- Dr. Tom Flynn (UK), Art Historian,
- Prof. Dr. Judith Herrin (UK), Professor of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies, and
- Christina Borg (UK), Literary Journalist.
The recording of the Colloquy’s proceedings was undertaken by Actionstream Direct Media (London-UK) and the editing was finalised by Dennis Tritaris in Sydney (an Orama Communications production).
Plans are underway for the next annual International Colloquy to be held in Sydney during late October/early November 2013. Official dates to be announced.