The newly elected committee of the Cretan Association of Northern Territory. Photo: Supplied
The Cretan Federation of Australia & New Zealand has announced the reestablishment of the Cretan Association of Northern Territory.
This has been realised with the auspices of the Lord Mayor of Darwin Cr. Kon Vatskalis and the President of the Greek Community Nicholas Poniris as well as with the hospitality of the Mamounis family.
After a five year lapse following the resignation of Honorary President Kostas Hnaris, several passionate Cretans in Northern Australia requested assistance from the Federation to re-elect a new committee.
Cretan Federation of Australia & New Zealand President Tony Tsourdalakis spent over five days in Darwin meeting with local authorities seeking their support and hosting the Annual General Meeting of Cretans.
The newly elected committee for the Northern Territory Cretan Association includes:
- President, George Mamounis from Prefect of Iraklio
- Vice President, Manolis Kourmoulis from Prefect of Rethymno
- Secretary, Alexandros Larentzos from the Prefect of Rethymno
- Assistant Secretary, Christos Makrynakis from the Prefect of Lasithi
- Treasurer, Eleftheria Petrakakakis from the Prefect of Rethymno
- Public Relations, Konstantinos Tererakis from the Prefect of Janis
- Media & Marketing, Thomas Kallonas from the Prefect of Lasithi
- Committee Members Peter Paroulakis from the Prefect of Hania
- Yianna Paterakis from the Prefect of Iraklio
- Sofia Lendaris from the Prefect of Rethymno and
- Katerina Tererakis from the Prefect of Hania
The Cretan Youth Representatives are George Kourmoulis, Nikos Makrynakis and Maria Kourmoulis.
The Cretan Federation of Australia & New Zealand has welcome all new members with open arms and will offer them its undivided support while keeping the contribution of the Hnaris, the Paterakis, the Christakis and Tererakis families alive.